Teacher in Charge: Whaea A. Pirere
Year 7 Spanish (This course takes place over two terms)
Learning a new language provides a means of communicating with people from another culture and exploring one’s own personal world.
Students will learn to be able to:
• greet, farewell, and thank people;
• introduce themselves and others;
• recognise and respond to greetings, farewells, introductions, and thanks;
• ask for and respond to simple personal information;
• recognise and respond to simple classroom instructions;
• understand and express dates and time.
In personal and familiar contexts, students should be able to:
Listening • understand and respond appropriately (in words or actions) to simple words and phrases; • get the gist of phrases and short sentences; • recognise and understand key words in simple phrases.
Speaking • approximate pronunciation and intonation by imitating sounds, simple words, names, and phrases; • respond appropriately to simple set phrases, questions, or visual stimuli.
Reading • identify letters of the alphabet, combinations of letters, accents, and punctuation, and their associated sounds; • recognise and understand simple words and phrases.
Writing • write alphabet letters, names, and simple words and phrases, using accents and punctuation.
- Pronunciation Table
- Basic Questions
Spanish Speaking Countries
- World Map
- Spanish Food
- Famous People