Year 7 Social Studies
Teacher in Charge: Ms A. Mahony
Year 7 Social Studies has achievement objectives that are at level 4 of the NZ curriculum. These are that students will gain knowledge, skills and experience to:
- Understand how the ways in which leadership of groups is acquired and exercised have consequences for communities and societies.
- Understand how people pass on and sustain culture and heritage for different reasons and that this has consequences for people.
- Understand how exploration and innovation create opportunities and challenges for people, places, and environments.
- Understand that events have causes and effects.
- Understand how producers and consumers exercise their rights and meet their responsibilities.
- Understand how formal and informal groups make decisions that impact on communities.
- Understand how people participate individually and collectively in response to community challenges.
Students will need a 1B5 book, pens, pencil, rubber and ruler. Coloured pencils, scissors and glue would also be beneficial.