Year 8 Spanish
Year 8 Spanish
(This course takes place over two terms)
Learning a new language provides a means of communicating with people from another culture and exploring one’s own personal world.
Students will learn to be able to:
• ask about and respond to personal information about themselves and others;
• describe themselves and others;
• recognise descriptions of themselves and others;
• describe places, animals, and things;
• recognise descriptions of places, animals, and things;
• point out and/or identify people, places, and things;
• recognise, express, and enquire about physical states (hot, cold, hunger, thirst, age);
• recognise, express, and enquire about the relationships between people and the ownership of things.
In personal and familiar contexts, students should be able to:
Listening • understand and respond appropriately to phrases and simple information; • get the gist of simple dialogue and information; • recognise and understand key words or phrases in simple dialogue and information.
Speaking • speak simple words and phrases with increasingly accurate pronunciation and intonation; • initiate and respond in brief conversations using learned words and phrases.
Reading • get the gist of simple dialogue and information; • recognise and understand key words and phrases in simple texts.
Writing • write simple phrases and sentences; • write simple words and phrases from memory.
Influential, Inspiring Individuals Unit
- Date of birth
- Where they are from?
- Describing sentences (eye colour, hair colour, tall, skinny, good looking etc.)
- What do they do?
- The members of their family
- Timeline of important events
Describing Animals Unit
- Countries of Origin
- Duration of life
- Interesting facts
Historian, Audiologist/Audiometrist, Flight Attendant, Counsellor, Minister of Religion, Trainer, Journalist, Interpreter, Musician, Technical Writer, Editor, Corrections Officer, Data Entry Operator/Transcriptionist, Foreign Policy Officer, Workplace Relations Adviser, Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Importer/Exporter, Immigration Officer, Kaiwhakaako Māori, Translator, Occupational Therapist, Private Teacher/Tutor, Probation Officer, Secondary School Teacher, Teacher Aide, Speech-Language Therapist, Tour Guide, Travel Agent/Adviser, Intelligence Officer, Court Registry Officer, Career Consultant,